Thursday, January 12, 2012

Blue, Part 2

I love kids books, I love reading to my kids, and I love that they love books.  That said, when my kids latch on to a book that they love and I hate, well that can be miserable.  Having to read the same book, several times a day, day after day, can be torturous.  In fact, we've been known to hide some of their favorite books, just so we could get a break.  Isn't that awful?  Sometimes, I'll catch on to a really bad book before my kids have it memorized, and I can significantly shorten adapt the story to my liking.  (Don't try to tell me that you haven't done the same.)  So, you know it's wonderful when the kids choose a favorite that we all like, and can tolerate to read over, and over, and over...

One such book is Little Blue Truck, by Alice Schertle.  It's a cute story with non-annoying rhymes, great illustrations and a good message.  Sometimes when I'm driving, I hear the kids reciting the story in the backseat, a sure sign that they like the book.   Blake has a brown lamp in his bedroom shaped like a truck, and yesterday, after reading Little Blue Truck, he asked me, "Why my lamp not a little blue truck, mama?" Well, Blake, I'm not sure.  Let's see what we can do.



Beep, Beep, Beep!

No comments:

Post a Comment