Monday, September 19, 2011

Ana White

I know I already posted about Ana White awhile back, but with us getting ready to move, I've been revisiting her site a lot lately.  Ana White is just a regular lady in Alaska who believes that anybody can build things; she makes things like furniture, houses... no big deal.  We are about to have a low budget and a high furniture need, so I love that her site is full of plans geared at teaching people like me (read: no woodworking background) to make things.  After my post a few months ago, a friend kindly made me a little helper tower for our new kitchen.  I can't wait to use it!

So why am I reposting about her today of all days?  Well, you truly must check out her plans for a flip down art desk .  Genius.  I think that this would be great in a kids room, playroom or even the kitchen.  The more I think about it, this would have been a perfect solution to create an office space in our current home.  You could create a horizontal bar in side to store a laptop when not in use.  Darn, that would have been a lot cheaper than buying a new house with an office.

Speaking of the new house...If any of you are reading this blog and thinking, "Gee, I would love to make this stuff and I have all of these tools, but no space to use them," well, then do I have a deal for you.  I just happen to have a very large, very lonely work bench and no tools to fill it with.  Let's make a deal.



That's all for tonight, but I figured it's about time for a new post.  I have some great things to post about, especially coming off a fun vacation.  I also have some ideas in the works and something really great that I'm working on, but I can't tell you about it just yet (No, it's not a baby).

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment