Thursday, September 22, 2011

When Life Gives You Walmart, Make Baked Peaches

If this blog was called Dwelling on the Negative, I would tell you all the ways in which I despise Walmart. But, alas, it's not.  For that reason, I will tell you just one thing: No matter how much cheaper they may be selling an item for, in the long run, you will pay.  Oh boy, will you pay.  The good news?  When I was on the phone phones (at one point, during a 42 minute hold on my phone, I called back on Tyler's phone), I was able to make a batch of baked cheesecake peaches.  It's amazing how a little sugar, butter and cream cheese can quickly lower my blood pressure.

Those rings left on the Silpat?  Peach flavored caramel :)

You can find the recipe here.  I melted the butter in a bowl in the microwave, then dipped the peach halves in it to coat.  I didn't bother with the mixer (I didn't want to drown out the beautiful hold music- in stereo when on two phones!), and just hand mixed the cream cheese mixture instead.  The few lumps that were left smoothed out when baked.  This recipe was super easy and really delicious.  All four of us gobbled them up and fought over the leftovers.  

Get to the store and buy peaches while you still can (Happy Autumn, by the way!).  This recipe is easy to make and easy to love- I'd make a few extra and remember that this is fruit, so you ARE eating health food.  


P.S.  A cute story about cream cheese: Hadley loves "cheem" cheese on waffles or toast, eating it most mornings.  Tyler overheard Hadley being a sweet big sister and helping Blake get hooked on phonics.  She said, "Blakey, can you say cheam cheese?  Sound it out!  Ba, ba, ba- cheem cheese!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment