Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Mini Recipe

I haven't been very good about posting recipes lately, but here is a quick and easy one.  When I was pregnant with Hadley, we went shopping for a rocker/glider one night.  Suddenly, I had to eat.  Right away.  Luckily there was an restaurant in the same parking lot.  I don't remember what I ordered that night, or how the food was, but Tyler and I have often reminisced about the dipping oil for the bread.  Carrabba's shut down several years ago, so I can't go taste test for comparison, but I believe this recipe comes awfully close.

Carrabba's herb oil, via cdkitchen


INGREDIENTS:

1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or as needed)

PREPARATION:

Combine all ingredients, except oil, on a deep plate or bowl. Pour olive oil over.


Warning, this stuff is so addictive.   I may or may not have eaten a hunk of garlic rosemary bread with dipping oil for breakfast.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment