Monday, March 12, 2012

Paint-Free Bathroom Transformation

Hadley and Blake's bathroom has remained mostly untouched since we moved into our house.  This is partly because we're out of time, energy, and patience.  I've done enough painting for a long while.  I've spent far too much money at Lowe's.  Plus, the kids hardly use the room; the bathtub is in a small space and has a sliding door, so it makes it hard to bathe the kids there.  Thus, the kids (and 100+ bath toys) have taken over our big tub.  And, their bathroom has gone ignored.




Except, every time I come up the stairs and head down their hall, I stare at the ugly, plain, beige room.  Something had to be done.  Project mini bathroom makeover started last week when I let the kids each choose a hand towel at Target- Hadley picked blue stripes, Blake chose green.  I looked at all of the "kid" bathroom sets, and while they were cute, I didn't love any of them.  So, we left with two towels.  A few days later, a friend suggested I check the bathroom section at World Market.  I had planned to be near the store that evening anyway, happened to have a 25% off coupon, and the bathroom section happened to be 20% off that day.  Destiny.

A couple of throw rugs, a curtain rod, and a shower curtain (for looks, not function.  I think the sliding doors are ugly), and we were in business.  The instant transformation was amazing!  As in, I kept going back into the room and to just stare in awe.  Behold, the power of 2 rugs and a shower curtain!   Yet, something was missing.  A pinterest search for free printables, some $1.99 Ikea frames that were stashed in the closet, and 15 minutes during nap time...Bingo!




1 comment:

  1. To clarify, the kids did have bathroom towels before, they were just the plain beige ones that we use in the rest of the house. I think I made it look/sound like they each got their first towel, those poor children.

    ReplyDelete