Thursday, March 1, 2012

Eggs In The Microwave

...And 95% of you just said, "Eww, gross!"  But, give me a chance here.  

My kids are constantly asking for snacks, from the moment they wake up, to the moment they go to bed.  They ask for snacks in the middle of dinner, for Pete's sake.  Most of our snack options seem to be sweet and/or starchy, whether it's fruit, granola bars, crackers or cereal.  So when I find a non-sugary snack option that contains lots or protein, is quick and easy, and the kids will willingly eat, well, I think it's a keeper.


I'm not big on scrambled eggs, but I think these taste as good as those made in a frying pan, and the prep time and clean up are both decreased.  (Side note- you may want to spray the mug with Pam first, as well as giving it a good rinse before putting it in the dishwasher.  If you don't, the mug might come out of the dishwasher with dried-on egg chunks, and you might not notice and put it back in the cupboard.  You also might not notice when you stick it under the Keurig on a dark sleepy morning.  But when you start drinking your coffee, trust me, you will certainly notice.)  The kids like these, especially because they get to help with the cooking.  I've yet to complete the scientific research, but I'd estimate that the kids eat 50%-75% more of anything they help to cook/prep

Without further ado, the recipe can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am Manuela, an Italian student in Lecce (Salento), and I am working on a project concerning the Italian style food programme. May you please tell me your email address? I'd like to invite you to a food festival we are organizing in late may 2012. My email is: posta@repubblicasalentina.it Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete