Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oh, Happy Day!

Some good things about today:

We had 6 events/classes/appointments scheduled today.  We made it to two of them.  Well, that's one way to make the day less stressful!

We did show up for Hadley's 3 year well child visit (yes, we are two months late.  Relax- her doctor was off work for a while).  She's healthy, happy and growing!  I was thrilled to hear that she had reached the 50th percentile for both height and weight.  This was music to my ears, considering she had been at the 2nd percentile for some time.  However, I had to go and google it when I got home, and according to the the CDC charts, she's actually between the 20th and 25th percentiles.  Oh, well.  She thought the little whale and penguin gown was absolutely smashing and she was so excited to get a book and a bouncy ball.  "They give kids a lots of free toys here!"  My brave little girl even wanted to sit by herself while she got a shot.  I watched her wince, her eyes welled up with tears, then she took a breath and smiled.  After the nurse walked out she whispered to me, "That really hurt a little bit, but I'm brave."


While Hadley was at the doctor, Tyler took Blake to his office.  For some reason it has taken me almost 2 years as a parent of two to realize that appointments are so much easier with one kid.  When Blake was heading to Tyler's car, he blew me a kiss and said, "Uh-bye!  I love you mommy!"  Totally unsolicited- you can't beat that.  Next, it was time for Hadley and I to leave.  I told her it was time to go and she said, "Alright!  Are you ready to roll and rock?"


In unrelated news, I'm finding success with basil bouquets.  Do you know how to store your herbs?  Read about it here

Tonight, that basil will be combined with the most delicious fresh tomatoes from our CSA and some fresh mozzarella (from our grocery store) to make caprese salad.  The good news is that Blake is on dinner duty. 


Oh, you know what else?  One of my air plants is flowering, which means that even though I often forget the once a week watering, they are still thriving.  



Oh, one more teeny-tiny thing...





We accepted an offer on our house AND we made an offer on another house that was accepted!  It looks like we are leaving the city for the 'burbs!  I'm feeling a little torn about that, but the extra space will be great.  


Yep, a four car garage is a little excessive, but we've never had extra storage so that will be nice.  Alas, we don't have an R.V., so I'm thinking of hanging indoor swings for the kids in the tall bay.  How great would that be in the middle of winter?

There are a few big hurdles to jump before the whole deal goes through, namely our house appraising for full value as the buyer is doing 100% financing.  Do any of you have a solid gold front door that I could borrow, or perhaps a stair railing made of ivory? (Before you call PETA, please know that I am not an elephant poacher.  Nor do I support poachers.  I don't even support poached eggs, so don't lecture me.)  I'll return them as soon as the appraisal is complete.  






1 comment:

  1. WOW...that house is GREAT. Think we can move that RV bay to our lot...haha! IS this the one you told me about before?? Tanna

    ReplyDelete