Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hadley Learns About Families

Hadley was fighting naptime the other day (everyday), so I let her watch television for a bit of quiet time.  There seemed to nothing age appropriate on, so we settled for Garfield, which I quickly realized is not toddler friendly.  Anyway, Hadley started asking "Where's the mom?  There's a doggy and a kitty and a daddy, but no mommy?"  I explained to her that there a lot of different kinds of families; some without moms or dads, and some even get two mommies or daddies.  It didn't seem to phase her, and she quickly moved on to the next topic. 
 
Fast forward to this evening, when after a hectic day of moving, playing with friends, tantrums in the grocery store and the normal pre-bedtime drama, Hadley finally settled down and was having some quiet time with us after Blake went to bed.  Out of the blue, she said, "Mommy, if I had two daddies, I would miss you!"  Then she turned to Tyler and said, "And Daddy, if I had two mommies, I would miss you."

1 comment:

  1. That is the world's sweetest thing! What a doll!

    ReplyDelete