Monday, October 24, 2011

Super Soup!

Long time, no post. So, I'm back and I'm going to talk about the ever exciting cruciferous vegetable: broccoli. Specifically, broccoli soup. This stuff is super easy, cheap and healthy. The best, most super part? Blake ate two bowls. Hadley only ate one serving, but she didn't fight it, and after dinner she asked if she could clear the table and load the dishwasher! See? Magic soup.

First, melt some butter in a soup pot. Chop up some broccoli (I used three large heads), some carrots, and an onion. Toss it in the pot.




Okay, so I kind of forgot about photos and that's the last recipe picture I have.  So, you can find the recipe here.   But, I do have a photo of Blake eating the soup, and if you look closely you might find Waldo Tyler.




While broccoli soup capped off a good day of vegetable eating by the kiddos yesterday, tonight we made it to bedtime realizing that the only veggies the kids ate today were corn on the cob and sweet potato fries. So, my somewhat selfish bedtime snack choice was pumpkin smoothies.  Two cups for me, one for each of the kids.  Delicious!   I did a google search for pumpkin smoothie recipes and ended up just winging it with ingredients I saw in different recipes.  1 can organic pumpkin, vanilla yogurt, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice + extra cinnamon, a spoonful of brown sugar and some ice cubes.  Blend it up and enjoy!  

(Bonus- both pumpkin and cinnamon are known to have anti-inflammatory and pain relieving qualities.  I sure hope it works, because as of bedtime, Blake is refusing to walk due to a sore leg following his 2 year vaccinations.  Do you think we can send him to daycare in a stroller?)

No comments:

Post a Comment