Monday, October 10, 2011

Two!

My baby is two!  How did that happen?  I still remember every little detail of his birth day like it was yesterday.

Ready to meet my baby.


8 pounds, 12 ounces of adorable, handsome boy.


First family photo





One day old and sleeping sweetly.




Little did we know that he would scream,


 and scream,


 and scream for the next 10 weeks.




  But we sure loved him anyway.



My little pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, 10.16.09

And now, somehow here we are.  I have a two year old and a three year old.  No more of this baby business; these are two full blown little people and they rule my world.  Blake hasn't forgotten how to scream (the colic was great training for his lungs), but he is also the sweetest boy.  He loves to cuddle, give kisses and tell me he loves me.  Even when wheeling from one room to the next on a ride on toy, he never forgets to say, "uh-by, love you, see you later, I'll be back soon," and then blows me a kiss.  When he returns, he demands "hugs."  

Perhaps it's to balance his soft, emotional side, but this kid loves all things "boy."  Cars, trucks, mud and sports.  To be fair, he also plays a mean game of "baby" or "house," but give this kid a toy with wheels, and he's a happy camper.  This made choosing his birthday party theme an easy task.  Planning the party, not so simple.  I somehow decided that it would be a good idea to have his party exactly one week after moving to a new house, which meant I was completely un-prepared.  The cakes were moderately burnt, the muffins severely so (darn new-to-me oven).  The decorations were non-existent, and the "game" was created 15 minutes before guests arrived.  Which is actually not so bad, considering that the frosting was being made and cakes assembled once the party was in full swing.  Oh well, Blake didn't know the difference. 

Without further ado, here are a few pictures from Blake's Truck/Car 2nd birthday party.  

Just a boy and his truck.  And, uh, his patent leather heels.





Blueberry Zucchini muffins, black bean chips, corn chips and pineapple salsa, dried fruit mix, truck cookies and juice boxes in the shape of a truck.







I had planned to make a pinata, but when I found this one for less than $9 at the party store, I couldn't pass it up.


 We filled a laundry basket with every car, truck and train in the house and brought them outside to play with.  Vroom, vroom!


The last minute homemade party game- car races!  It's a good thing we had plenty of cardboard from the move!
















Dirt dessert for the kids.  Served inside Blake's new tractor from Grandma.  


It seemed like a good idea at first, especially as Blake sat motionless while everybody sang to him. 


But of course, if you present a 2 year old with a brand new ride on toy, he's not going to sit still for long. Oops.  If you're going to eat dirt anyway, it might as well be eaten off the floor, right?


Happy Birthday, Blake!







No comments:

Post a Comment