Friday, December 3, 2010

Chocolate Cherry Fruitcake



Hello.  So I'm only two weeks into this blogging business and I've failed miserably at my goal of posting every day.  I have some recipes, photos, kid quotes and Christmas gift ideas to share with you tomorrow.  Right now I really need to get to bed.  I spent my evening making fruitcake for the Downtown Boise Association's Fruitcake Follies baking contest.  I've never entered a baking contest and I've never baked a fruitcake.  Hmm... bad combination?  I think I ate a bite of fruitcake once.  It was chewy and kind of gross. 

How to improve on the much ridiculed dessert?  Add chocolate!  Although fruitcake is supposed to be aged for at least 6 weeks, we sampled a few bites fresh out of the oven.  Tyler and I were both pleasantly surprised at the flavor.  I figure you really can't go wrong with pecans, chocolate and dried cherries in a butter/sugar/egg/flour base. 







Speaking of chewy, what do you teachers think of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment