Tuesday, July 5, 2011

As If I Needed Another Reason To Love Target...

We took a family shopping trip to Target the other day.  Hadley learned that the third time is a charm, as we finally bought a pair of swimming goggles that fit her.  Thanks to Target, this picture was possible.  


How can you look at that without smiling?  

Hadley wasn't the only one that made us laugh that night.  While Blake was riding in the cart, he yelled out:

 "Baby coming!"  

 We asked, "Where is the baby?"

 Blake then lifted his shirt, puffed out his tummy and said:
  "Right there!  Baby in belly."  

Naturally, I wanted to know more about my future grandchild.  I asked when it was going to be born.  His reply, "Um, right now!"  When I asked what kind of baby it was, he said, "Um, girl baby."  Of course, this really ticked off Hadley, and she quickly informed Blake only she could have a girl baby and he would have a boy baby.  Pretty soon, I found myself telling Hadley that Blake could have whatever kind of baby he wanted.  "Just because he's a boy doesn't mean he can't have girl babies in his belly."  

Oops.  I think I've just made the future "birds and bees" talk exponentially more difficult.  




No comments:

Post a Comment