Friday, July 8, 2011

Vertical Gardening

Image from Instructables

I've been reading about vertical gardening, thinking it would be a great idea in our small yard, but the cost of vertical planters seem pretty prohibitive.  I was so excited when a google search led me to the image above.  I happen to have that very same hanging shoe holder in my closet right now.  I used it to store baby clothes when my kids were young and still sleeping in our bedroom; the pockets are the perfect size for storing onesies and other tiny clothes.  

I know that it's late in the summer to start, but I might still try the planter for a few quickly growing plants or herbs.  I'm a bit concerned about the canvas breaking down from the sun and water, so it may be a one season solution.  I'll let you know how it works. 

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 12, 2011

    Andrea - love you blog! Email me when you get a moment (sounds like you're busy). I think you might like this card system I use. I'm a mom of three, I love to bake, take photos, design stuff... and stay home with my kiddos. Thank you for all of the inspiration... I may try the rainbow cake and the stain stick! :) ajlg

    ReplyDelete