Friday, July 15, 2011

Pizza!



I like to cook, and I think many dishes are better when homemade, but pizza is not usually one of them.  Pizza should be one of the easiest foods to make, but for some reason I've never been able to master it.  But tonight I came darn close.  

I started with breadmaker pizza dough:
1. Put all ingredients in bread maker in order listed and set on "dough" cycle.

2 tsp yeast
3 cups bread flour
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP olive oil
1 cup plus 2 TBSP water

2.  After cycle has ended, place the dough in a greased bowl, rolling it to coat all sides.  Cover and let sit for 30 minutes. 

3.  Roll or stretch the dough into 1 very large or 2 medium pizza crusts.  

4.  Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes at 435 degrees.  Use a pizza stone if you have one. 

5.  Remove from oven, add toppings and return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
   
  (We were trying to creatively use up items in our fridge, which resulted in zucchini, kale, mozzarella and goat cheese pizza.  I just used a jar of pasta sauce with some basil, garlic and oregano added in.  The end result was surprisingly delicious!)

Enjoy!  






  • No comments:

    Post a Comment