Monday, July 25, 2011

Oh, Siblings!


Blake and Hadley were arguing this morning, as they usually do, when all of the sudden Blake wrapped his arms around Hadley.  And Hadley wrapped her arms around him.  And they hugged it out.  They stood there so long that I was able to get a picture.  So long in fact, that I started to think perhaps they were calling a lifelong truce.  Maybe they were coming to a mutual agreement that they would stop all of the fighting, screaming, toy stealing and hair pulling.  An agreement that said, "let's go easy on Mom and Dad, and just be kind and loving because we are siblings.

Then, as quickly as it had begun, it was over. Hadley pulled me back into reality by saying, "Mommy, I was really sweet to my brother, so now I get a sticker."  For a brief moment, I thought about explaining to her that we don't do kind things just to earn stickers on her chart.  But then I realized that she was only a few stickers away from earning her chosen reward of going out for ice cream, which meant that I too would be going out for ice cream.

"Yes, Hadley, that was very kind.  Here is a sticker for your chart."

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 25, 2011

    cute story!! I love your posts! You are such a good writer!
    - Kristi

    ReplyDelete