Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm In Love...With A Carpet Sweeper


It's not unusual for us to sweep our laminate floors three or four times a day.  Our carpets, on the other hand, get severely neglected.  Once a week downstairs, even less often upstairs.  If you think that's gross, wait till you hear this:  Blake was eating pecans in our bedroom on Tuesday.  He stuffed his mouth, chewed them up, then spit little bits all over the floor.  On Friday morning, they were still there.  I know, it's disgusting, but I have a good reason.  We're rarely upstairs during the day.  When I do go upstairs at night, the kids are sleeping in their bedroom right below us.  I'd rather repeatedly step on chewed up pecan pieces than risk waking the kids at night.  At risk of having CPS show up to remove my kids from this filthy house, I went out and bought a carpet sweeper.  'Cause I kind of like my kids, you know?

I purchased a Casabella sweeper at Bed, Bath and Beyond since I was there to pick up something else.  I didn't do any research in advance, which is very unusual for me.  However, I've checked the reviews when I got home, and the general consensus is that this is a good product.  I've owned mine for all of 5 hours, and I'm impressed.  It easily picks up the crumbs and fuzzies from the area rug.  And the pecan pieces?  I'm proud to say that they are gone.  No batteries, no power cord, very minimal noise.  This obviously won't replace a vacuum, but I think it'll be great for day to day clean up.  

I'm not sure if the one I bought is a really new model, or an old one, but I can't find it anywhere online.  Try this link for a similar item (mine was only $25), or just google carpet sweeper.  Bissell seems to make a good product, too.  

The best part: Hadley has named it "Choko" and is now hooked on housework!


No comments:

Post a Comment