Thursday, December 1, 2011

Blue, Part I

Before:



During:





Paper and glue are finally gone, but the ugliness remains:


Faux wainscoting is up (Lowes) and the walls are primed:


Adventures in color matching:

 Sidenote: We learned that while Lowes can match Benjamin Moore colors, they look different in different brands of paint.  The Olympic VOC-free unfortunately looked awful.  Valspar was a winner.  The color is " Mount Saint Anne ," and I found it by googling "the perfect blue-gray-green paint."  Apparently a lot of people are looking for the same thing, because I found lots of ideas.

Part way there:


And, done.








The "After":



What do you think?



4 comments:

  1. I really love the new look - the before not so much ;)
    But the after just looks perfect!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. I'd be in love with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I need you to come decorate my house for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME...I need your help too, PLEASE!! haha

    ReplyDelete