Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Spirit

Before I really get started, let me warn you that this post will make some of you angry (how very un-Christmas like of you).  As a preface, before you go and accuse me of being a Scrooge, take a look at what my kids will find in their lunch boxes today:

And likewise, here is what will be in mine:


So, back to the reason for this post.  I hate the Christmas radio station.  With a passion.  I swear some of the songs they play are holiday classics only because we hear them on the same station year after year.  Seriously, I've never heard them anywhere else.  I know, I know...some of you are in shock right now.  What a blasphemous thing to say about the elusive Christmas music, which we only get to enjoy 24 hours a day, from November 1st to January 1st each year.  But come on, somebody out there has to agree with me, right?

So, now that I got that negativity out, here is my solution for you.  Have you heard the Sufjan Stevens Christmas album?  If not, turn on Spotify now.  It's Christmas music, some very traditional, but done in a very relaxing, heavily instrumental, somewhat folksy and very Sufjan way.  Try it, you'll like it.  

Now wish me luck, for when my husband reads this latest rant he may divorce me.  He's been singing Little Drummer Boy from the top of his lungs for days.   Oh well, opposites attract, or so they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment