Friday, December 23, 2011

A Semi-Homemade Christmas

For Blake:

Growing up, my dad always had a Nerf basketball hoop hanging in the kitchen.  Blake has been into makeshift basketball games lately (Who wouldn't love to chuck a wooden car into a mixing bowl?).   I looked at all of the big, plastic toddler b-ball hoops, but they are, well, big and plastic.  I thought a Nerf hoop would be the perfect thing for a big empty wall in his room.  Except, I think they are kind of ugly, too (yikes, I'm picky!).  


Did you know a piece of scrapbook paper is the exact width of a Nerf hoop (that was pure luck)?


I think it is awfully cute!



Total cost: around $6.00, ball included


I already have the 3M strips on the back, so I might try to sneak into his room tomorrow night and stick it to the wall.


Hadley's gift:

For some reason, Hadley's favorite movie is Ratatouille.  Perhaps it's because it's one of the first and few that she has ever watched.  Blake loves Cars.  Cars toys, books, clothes = everywhere you look in Target.  Ratatouille= Nowhere to be found.  I had to take matters into my own hands. 

If you haven't seen the movie, this video will explain what I'm about to show you.




Kids chef hat $4.00 + shipping from amazon.  Rat $0.99 from Ikea


I used a scrap of elastic (that I had from a tutu project 3 years ago) to sew a loop for the rat.  That way he can be taken out and played with.


I think she'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment