Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chocolate, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough and Toasted Marshmallow Cupcakes




I made these cupcakes last week.  They were messy, time consuming (but not hard), and a little bit weird, but I liked them.  The chocolate cupcake was not my favorite part; it was a little gummy and didn't have a real strong chocolate flavor.  I think I'd substitute a different recipe for that part next time.  Also, I found that I needed more peanut butter (darn!) in the cookie dough to make it stick together.  

Find the recipe HERE.

A few other things:

I'd love to say that I read about Inner-City Arts in Philanthropy Weekly, or perhaps The Journal of Fine Art.  The truth is, I read on People.com that Prince William and Kate will be stopping there on their American tour.  Don't judge me.  The point is, this seems to be a wonderful program with a hugely positive impact on the lives of many young kids. 

Speaking of philanthropy, several of my friends went to college with a young woman named Renata.  She was recently diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer.  Here's the positive part: somebody set up a website to take donations for Renata and her two year old daughter.  The original goal was to raise $5,000, but that was surpassed in a just a couple of days.  People are good.  If you'd like to help, click here

This is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment