Saturday, March 19, 2011

Constantly Hugged Goats

A couple of nights ago, I was talking to friends about eating safe, healthy and ethically raised meat.  A friend said that she bought half of a cow from an organic farm in coastal Oregon.  I know what this means, but I can't help but imagine them literally having half of a cow in their freezer.  Moo!  Anyway...  Apparently these are happy cows, free roaming with sweeping ocean views.  This sounds great, but one question kept running through my mind: Are the cows constantly hugged?

Note:  This friend is nothing like the "Total Foods guy" but this video to is too funny to not share.  I first watched it several years ago, but I'm reminded of it often.  For example, when I found these caramels at WIlliams Sonoma tonight.


A few other things:

An unusual, but nice story of community outreach by a police officer, here.

This is what I was going to bake Wednesday night.  Unfortunately, our plans changed and we are living in a hotel again.  Now, I'm left dreaming of warm Sally Lunn bread with brown butter.

Williams Sonoma has a yogurt maker on sale for $49.95.  It gets great reviews and might be worth it if you want homemade yogurt without the hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment