Thursday, March 31, 2011

These Shoes Were Made for Running

"I believe it's jogging or yogging. it might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild."

So, I've done something crazy.  I hate running, yet I just joined a running club.  I'd like to tell you about it, but I'd be breaking the first rule of running club.




Okay, fine.  But you have to promise not to laugh at me.  Deal?  I ran for 15 minutes straight last night, and I'm darn proud of it.  It wasn't fast, and it wasn't pretty, but I was running the whole time.  For all of you that are thinking, "Pshht, I ran 30 miles before sunrise;" I'm happy for you.  No, really, I am.  I just ate 3 cookies a cookie to celebrate you and your superhuman lungs.  For me, 15 minutes is an accomplishment.  Plus, we didn't measure distance, but I'm sure it was at least 5 miles, maybe 8.  Boston, here I come!

I was so impressed by myself last night that we decided to do it again tonight.  We strapped the kids in the stroller and took the very long route to the playground.  Another 15 minutes, without stopping!  Again, you aren't impressed, but I am.  Supposedly, I'll be running 5 miles straight within the next 12 weeks.  I'm skeptical...

Here's a "positive" that some of my family members will appreciate.  I completed these amazing feats of strength while wearing my new Nikes.  This is positive because 1. I'm creating job security for my Nike employed cousins, and 2. I'm decreasing my chances of being shunned for wearing *gasp* a different brand of running shoes when we visit family this summer.
Pretty, huh?  


Moving on...

As much as I'm a runner, I'm also a fashionista (insert sarcasm here).  I think this hairdo is super cute.  I did a much less poofy version of this today; it's still a ponytail, so it's not completely out of my comfort zone.

If I had $180 to spend on dinner, I'd love to attend Outstanding in the Field.


Are you a superior or poor wife?  Take this quiz to find out. 

I'm off to darn some socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment