Monday, March 7, 2011

The Perks of Hotel Living

Are we anxious to get back into our house?  Sure we are.  Are we sick of hotel living?  For the most part.  Do you want to know a little secret though?  This gig isn't so bad.  The kids love having their own pool, continental breakfast is still a novelty, and despite the fact that they are coin operated, having been able to use three washing machines at once really speeds up the chore of doing laundry.  Also, we have been taking full advantage of our proximity to downtown.  Over the last few days, we've walked to the zoo, the art museum, the library, several parks, Tyler's office, coffee shops, downtown shopping, the university and the river.  Here are a few photos of our fine city.









One more perk of our current living situation: we are among celebrities.  Well, sort of.  The cast of Fiddler on the Roof, performing as part of Broadway in Boise, is staying in our hotel.  They arrived today, and I've been devising a plan ever since I caught wind of their arrival.  You see, Fiddler is one of my favorite musicals, yet I'm too cheap to buy a ticket to watch a performance.  So here's the plan:  Step 1.  Casually ask the cast members if they are part of the Fiddler production.  Mention that I love the musical.   Step one, complete.  Nobody has offered my complimentary tickets (yet), so I'll have to move on to step 2 tomorrow, and here it is.  Step 2:  Strike up a conversation (In the hot tub? While dishing up oatmeal? Doing laundry?) regarding our reason for staying at the hotel.  Surely they'll pity us enough to offer, no insist, that we take free tickets.  Now, on the off chance that this doesn't work, it will be on to step three.  To pull this off, the kids will be going through Broadway boot camp tomorrow morning, but it will be worth it.  Step 3:  Hadley and Blake perform a rousing medley of Fiddler songs.  Blake will start off with "Tradition" (you should see him do the dance!), moving onto Hadley singing "Matchmaker," followed by a duet for "Sunrise, Sunset."  Blake, you've got 12 hours to grow a beard.  Don't let me down, kid. 



3 comments:

  1. Hey Andrea! Thanks for the Boise Photos! It really reminds me that I do miss Boise a lot! Good luck on getting your tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did pick a GREAT location for hanging in a hotel. Oh my...is that drink from Java Downtown?? My favorite is their Mexican Hot Cocoa. I am so sad I didn't splurge for Fiddler tickets as it is one of my favorites too :-) Tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm part of the cast of Fiddler. I can see what I can do for Wednesday night but to be honest It's a little late for comp tickets. Comp ticket requests need to be in at least a week in advance, hence why no one probably has offered you any tickets:(

    ReplyDelete