Monday, April 11, 2011

Random Thoughts: Music, Monsters and Mascara

Since having kids, my cd collection has been gathering dust..  This is for a few reasons.  1.  The magical world of satellite radio (side note: When you get a renewal notice from XM, call to cancel.  They'll offer you half off.)  2.  The kids are usually in the car, and a lot of my music is not kid friendly.  3. Even when the kids aren't in the car, I usually listen to kids music without noticing.  4. Who listens to cds anymore anyway?

 -I ran without the kids the other night and I decided to bring my ipod with to keep me motivated.  There was just one problem.  I usually keep my ipod at work to listen to while doing paperwork.  Paperwork music does not equal running music.  I don't think anybody has ever won a race listening to slack key guitar.



Time to start loading some old cds onto the ipod.  Once you start diving into old music, it's hard to stop.  Isn't it amazing how you can go years without hearing a song, but still remember every word?  As the Beastie Boys were finding a place on my running playlist, I saw a few people post this new video on facebook.  First off, if you haven't watched this video, you should.  Be warned that there is some foul language.  If you've already watched this video, watch it again.  Unless you found it offensive.  In that case, keep reading.





-There you are.  Here's something completely unoffensive.  This was one of my favorite books as a kid, and now it is one of Hadley's favorites, too.   It always makes us laugh. 




-Have any of you ever noticed Giada De Laurentis's nails?  They always look perfect in a nice, subtle, pale pink color.  I googled it last night and found that I'm not the only person who notices.  The color is called Bubble Bath by OPI.  Fred Meyer has it in stock, and toxic chemicals be darned, I bought some and I'm wearing it right now.  This is the first "real" nail polish I've worn in years and, while stinky, it sure works better than the pregnancy-safe natural polish.

-I'm not a skier, but every year I regret not making it up to Bogus Basin for the closing day of the season.  People come out to ski in all sorts of wacky costumes, from Elvis to a hotdog.  It looks like a lot of fun.  See pictures here.

-There is a seven month old female baby wallaby at the Boise Zoo, and she is just starting to come out of her mother's pouch for short periods of time.  She was mostly hidden in the pouch when we were there, but the girl feeding the wallabies told us that the joey will start jumping around soon.  Cute!

-My mascara of choice is Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara.  Not only is it natural, but it actually works and is affordable.  The only downside is that it is a fairly natural look, and sometimes a girl needs to glam it up, right?  Well, I was so very excited to find that they now make Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara.  Even better- there was a coupon on it for a mail in rebate of the full purchase price!  Free mascara!  Woo-hoo!  I got mine at Fred Meyer, but I would assume Target would carry it also.  Just check for the little coupon on the package, as it was not on every single one.

No comments:

Post a Comment