Saturday, April 9, 2011

This and That

Friday is my "Sunday," which means I get to be home with these cuties.




While preparing for dinner company, I thought I'd mutitask.  I needed egg shells for a craft project, and egg whites for an angel food cake.



Obviously, things were a bit messier than I had planned.  Luckily, we had extra eggs in the fridge. 


The cake turned out great, if I do say so myself.  I made a rather disappointing angel food cake last week, but this one was perfect.  I know, because I ate three pieces (just to make sure).  


Here's what I did with the shells.  Aren't they pretty?  



This is what I plan to do with them.  The last photo is from Not Martha, and it's a project that I bookmarked a year ago.  I know Easter is still two weeks away, but I was so excited to make them.  FYI, I used a tiny nail scissor to cut the holes in the eggs.  


After cake baking and egg making, our company arrived.  They brought not one, but two babies.  Twins!  As you can see, the kids were mesmerized.  



Hadley had to try out her new bike helmet before bedtime.  This is the face she made when I asked her to smile.  


Here's another "smile."


You can never be too safe when playing with a doll house.

Of course, the helmet is "pink, pink, pink" per Hadley's request.  We brought our car in for an oil change yesterday, and I told Hadley they were fixing it.  She said, "Oh good, now it will be pink."  



A few links:

This Minnesota author/illustrator posts a new doodle on her blog everyday.  

You can get up close and personal with baby eagles on this webcam.

Have you heard of Heartsy?  It's like Groupon, but for Etsy shops.  


Also, a quick poll for you.  Tyler is on the board of the local Advertising Federation, and their annual awards ceremony is coming up.  Normally, I'd try to get out of going, but Tyler put a lot of work into this year's event.  I vaguely remember him telling me that the theme is "Mad Men."  I checked out some photos from last year's event, and I learned that this is a kind of a big deal.  A red carpet... goodie bags... photographers!  I've always wondered what it would be like to go to the Oscars.  I'm sure this is exactly the same.  (Which reminds me, I saw Bradley Cooper wearing a camo jacket and riding a motorcycle on Roosevelt St. today.  I swear.  And Morgan Freeman lives in Ann Morrison Park.  For some reason, Tyler never believes my celebrity sightings.)  Anyway, this awards show.  So, I decided I'd try to glam it up.  You know, trade in the sweatpants for one night.  I spent a lot of time googling the fashions of the 60's.

  
I told Tyler that I had my "look" figured out.  I was actually getting a little bit excited to get done up.  Then he dropped this bomb on me.  The theme was changed.  To what, you ask?  Wrestling.  Yep, wrestling.  


Now, to me, this looks more like a boxing poster.  Really hunny, you need to figure it out.  These are two completely different fashion worlds, and I've only got a week to decide out what I'm wearing.  Here are some options (this is where the poll comes in).  

Option A:


Option B:


At least I won't have to worry about hair or makeup. 




  

1 comment:

  1. Whatcha gonna do when the Tyler maniac runs wild on you?

    ReplyDelete