Friday, November 12, 2010

Growing up, WAY too fast

With my first child, I counted down the seconds to each new milestone.  With the second (and possibly last baby), I dread any sign that he is getting older.  Don't get me wrong, I still jump for joy, take a hundred pictures, and shed a happy tear every time he does something new.  
  Blake is 13 months old and suddenly he is heading full force into toddlerhood.  This morning he was singing twinkle, twinkle little star- "uppa bubba high!" and row, row, row your boat.  This evening he said, "thank you," to a cashier at the mall.  While these events were adorable, they were bittersweet reminders that he's not my little baby anymore.  I told him that I wasn't quite ready for him to be a toddler.  Well, I must say I have such a well behaved kid.  He took my sentiment seriously and ended that toddler nonsense, skipping right to the stinky teenage boy stage.  While I was brushing my teeth I looked down and saw him sitting on the bathroom floor applying his dad's deodorant!

No comments:

Post a Comment