Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Through the eyes of a two year old...



   I just love listening to Hadley's views on the world.  We are always amazed at what she remembers, including  little events from up to a year ago.  She is starting to tell jokes and she loves to sing songs.  I keep two journals on the kitchen counter, one for each kid.  I try to write in them whenever the kids say something cute, hit a milestone, etc.  I hope I can keep up with it; I think they will be a lot of fun for both the kids and myself to read 15-20 years from now.  
  Here are a few funny things that Hadley has said over the last few days:
 - (Very upset, while looking at a picture of Snow White on a horse) "She needs to get off the horsey!  She needs to get off!  She's going to break it!
- (Watching me put on a scarf before taking a walk) "Look at you Mom!  You look beautiful!"
- (Hearing the toilet flush) "Daddy went pee on the potty!  Yay!  Daddy gets a sticker!"
- (In the bathtub, holding the rubber duck to her chest) "The duck is hungry, the duck is eating my boobies!"

   


    Hadley has been playing really well with Blake lately.  She still needs to be reminded to share at times, but overall we are finally seeing them as friends.  It melts my heart to hear her say, "Here Blakey, I can help you." Every night, before Blake goes to bed, Hadley kisses him and says, "I love you Blakey, Blakey boos; sweet dreams."  So sweet!


  
  Speaking of the Blake Man... I think he can officially be called a walker, as he now walks more than he crawls.  He says "tank-oo" (thank you) whenever he is given something.  His new favorite activity (and we enjoy it almost as much as he does): Going down the slide in his big, puffy, down snowsuit.  I can't describe how funny it is to watch our little green stay puft marshmallow man go flying down the slide, giggling the whole way.  



  Hadley's response to this scene:  "Ooh, Blakey made a BIG mess!  Blake needs to clean it up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment