Friday, November 26, 2010

A Thanksgiving recap

A very tired Blake on Thanksgiving morning



Too much turkey?



How was your Thanksgiving?  Blake was sick, but being a holiday, we were both home to take care of him.  That is certainly a positive.  We did make it to dinner at our friends' house and we all ate too much, in true Thanksgiving style. When you don't have any family in town, it's sure wonderful to have great friends to spend the holidays with.  I made a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert, but it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, so I don't have a picture to share.  So- it was a last minute carrot cake to the rescue.  I'll have to share that recipe soon- it's yummy!

Today started with Tyler's famous pancakes, then a leisurely morning at home (a rare occasion considering our opposite work schedules).  This afternoon it was off to The Festival of Trees.  One sick kid and one sleepy kid made for a surprisingly good tree viewing combination.  They both sat quietly in their strollers and took in the sights.  We brought the camera, but not the memory card.  Oops.  You can see photos of many of the trees here.

Perhaps we are feeling a little homesick for the midwest.  After we put the kids to bed tonight, Tyler and I will be making a double batch (some to eat, some to freeze) of our favorite Chicken Wild Rice Soup.  I'll share the recipe and pictures soon.

In the meantime, here are a few links for you to enjoy:

Want to rent a reindeer...from a funeral home?

In the market for a castle?

An amazing rescue story.

I hope you enjoy your Friday night!

P.S.   Did the picture of Blake make you yawn?  I yawn every time I look at it :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it does make me yawn! Your little ones are so stinkin' sweet. Thanks for posting links to your blog! Can't wait to follow along. And enjoy your pictures, knowing that I'll never have to make a 14-layer cake. You can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete