Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The couple that Crocs together...



The first floor of our house has laminate flooring.  It's great for kids because it cleans up easily, but it's hard on us old folks (Did you know we'll be turning 29 next year?- yikes!).  Between cooking, baking, and washing dishes, we spend a lot of time in the kitchen.  All that standing around makes for sore feet and knees (wer're old, remember?).  I'd been eying gel kitchen mats for awhile, but they are very expensive, and they're static.  So if you place one in front of the sink, it won't do much good when you're standing in front of the stove. 

I was searching through reviews of different kitchen mats when I came across the idea to buy a pair of "kitchen Crocs."  They are cheaper than a mat and they are always with you, even while canvassing the house for the 17 sippy cups you filled throughout the day (tonight I found one in the toy box and another in the towel drawer).  I ordered a pair for each of us, not realizing how excited I would be to get them.  When the package tracking information showed that they sat for four days in Salt Lake City, I said, "That's so frustrating!"  To which Hadley replied, "What's fwustating mom?"  I told her that I was upset because our new shoes weren't here yet.  Her response?  "It's okay mom, you have other shoes."  Way to think positive, Hadley. :)

So, the Crocs finally arrived tonight.  They are definitely more comfortable than walking around barefoot, and they're super fashionable to boot!  Okay, maybe not, but we're not wearing them out in public.  They do have a somewhat toxic "new shoe" smell, so they'll be airing out in the garage for awhile.  Otherwise, I think they're a great alternative to the fancy mats. 



1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness you are NOT wearing the in public! I was worried.

    ReplyDelete