Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Alphabet posters

I've had my eye on various alphabet posters for quite some time now.  When it came time to move Blake into Hadley's bedroom, I decided that I'd finally buy one, but I couldn't make up my mind.  Here are a few that I like, all from Etsy.com:






 So, it's obviously numbers, not letters...but it's so cute!








Indecision won and I ended up going with alphabet cards instead, used as a border by the ceiling.  I love how they turned out, and I thought that it satisfied my inner desire to cover my kids' room in the ABC's.  Well, apparently I wasn't truly satisfied, because my heart skipped a beat when I saw this post on Design Mom.  I love this idea and I've been itching for a project, so I think I just might take this one on.

photo via designmom.com

Read the tutorial for more details, but basically it's a cheap plastic stencil (spray painted white), scraps of fabric, and an inexpensive Ikea frame.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment