Thursday, January 6, 2011

Boise restaurant review: Deli George!


Deli George is a sandwich shop in Boise, on Fairview Ave near Curtis.  I love this place for a few reasons.  First of all, the food is awesome.  My personal favorite is the Bella Bella Chicken Portabella and Tyler loves the Boise Cheese Steak.  Some of my coworkers swear by their Chicken Apple Gorgonzola salad.  It's close to work and my boss likes it, which means the occasional free lunch (bonus!).   Also, I love that this is a small, locally owned business.  The restaurant is not very large and is a bit cluttered, but the food is so good and the staff so friendly that I don't mind one bit.  In fact, I think it's part of the appeal.  Once, I went to pick up a to go order during the very busy lunch order.  I had both kids in the car and called to see if they could bring the food out to me.  Not only were they happy to, but the owner himself delivered my food and went out of his way to make sure my order was perfect before we left.  Today, we ate in with a group of 6 people, also during a very busy time.  The owner came out to check on us, refilled our drinks (it's normally self-serve), and then offered us free brownies.  How can you not love a place like that?


No comments:

Post a Comment