Friday, January 21, 2011

Rocky Mountain High


Hello old friends!  I've skipped posting two nights in a row, but I promise that I have a good excuse.  On Wednesday night, I was busy, busy, busy packing for our vacation.  Last night, I was on said vacation and I was exhausted from a long day of traveling with two unruly munchkins.  We are in Denver this weekend to visit old friends, celebrate Tyler's birthday, and take in the sights.  So far we've gone out to eat (oh Chipotle, how I've missed you), took a morning stroll with views of Red Rocks in the not so distant distance, visited the aquarium, and laughed until we cried, because that's what the best of friends do.

The picture above was taken with the computer camera on the flight here.  We've taken many more since we arrived, but the camera is currently with Tyler, watching The Lakers vs. The Nuggets at the Pepsi Center.  Last night Tyler and the camera went to The Avalanche vs. The Predators, and tomorrow we will all be going to The Avalanche vs. The Boston Bruins.  Tyler is pretty much in heaven.

I'll post more about the trip, including pictures, when we get home.  For now, I'll give you my favorite quotes of the trip.  Our friends have a very adorable Cockalier, which I'm sure you all know is a Cocker Spaniel/ Caverlier King Charles Spaniel mix.  You did know that, right?  Anyway, the kids are smitten with this dog.  When we first got here, Hadley went pee on the potty (yay!), and said, "I peed on the Betsy's potty!  Betsy's doggy will be SO proud of me!"  Blake's quotes are a little more simple, and go something like this, "Hi cat!, hi dog!, hi Izzy!, hi dog!, hi cat!, meow!"

Speaking of the cat, I can officially say that I am still very much allergic to feline friends.   I finally gave in and said, "bring on the drugs!"  Oh, Claritin, I'm just waiting to sing your praises!  Please, kick in soon.  How are allergies positive?  Well, at least now I know and will have a rock solid reason to refuse if anybody tries to give me a cat.  And yes, people try to give me cats; surprisingly often actually.

That's all for know folks.  The air is thinner here and my brain isn't working quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment